Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: TS Finds

  1. #1
    Inactive Member gritsmommyof5's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2004
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Y'all remember I was going Thursday to my son's "friend" Mother TS shop. Well I never made it.

    But my husband went by there today. Kirsten trunk was a shamble and unfixable in my husbands opinion and he can fix about anything!

    She has though Addy's trunk. Did Addy have a PM trunk? The reason I ask because she has a German Made PM Addy doll. She also has a horse, and Samantha's bed. Robert had no idea what was what until I showed him pictures on the web. She is holding everything for me. I will be heading to Charlotte in the morning!

    I am for sure going to buy Addy's trunk. She is asking $50.00. He said it was in really good condition , just a few dings on it. He also said she would sell the Addy doll for $20.00. I am going to get her , if she is OK and resell her. She is naked he said but she has the same numbers on her neck like my Addy. He also said she had Bitty Baby outfits. We don't have a bitty baby, but maybe for he future

    My fist question would be how would I know if it is a PM Addy trunk?
    My second question is she had this thigs made out of wood with a wire screen(looked like a rabbit cage) What is that????
    My third question is he said she had a very pretty outfit that looked oriental and it was red. Is this a AG retired outfit?

  2. #2
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    I can't answer any of the questions, but congratualtions on the find! I hope Addy is in good condition and I hope her trunk is too.

    What is TS?
    thanks

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is a retired Chinese New Year outfit that is red and gold -- sells for quite a bit on eBay. It has 3 pieces -- pants, shirt and halter-type thing for underneath. It also has little black satin slippers and very valuable accessories.

    Yes, there is a rabbit cage -- for Baxter the bunny. It is wood (painted red) and wire and has been retired for quite a while.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Baxter the bunny? Whose that?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Baxter predates Bitty Bear. I think Baxter the Bunny is what the original Bitty Baby (My New Baby) was sold with. Correct me if I am wrong.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My dd saw that Chinese New Year outfit (if that's what it is) when we were looking at Meg's site and loved it.

    You should buy it and sell it (to me, tee hee) or it really does quite well on ebay, because it's fairly rare.

    If you look at Meg's site, it will tell you the dates that things were released (and retired). I would assume that Addy's trunk was released PM. I'm not sure how you'd tell the difference, but if you saw a newer one, you could tell if they are different. I've heard that the PM furntiure is more "wood"y.


    web pageMEG'S SITE

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have seen the Chinese New Year outfit selling for about $50 lately on eBay, even without the slippers. That's a good one to look for incorrectly listed. I just got one (with the shoes) for less than half of that price because it was listed wrong (the seller called it the oriental outfit or something like that). This outfit has a lot of possible descriptor words -- red, satin, Asian, oriental, etc -- and is frequently listed wrong. But listed correctly, it goes for a grip!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member gritsmommyof5's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2004
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jennifer, Thanks for the site. I was looking at everything before I head down to Charlotte. I just saw the lockers on the site and I had two of them at my last consignment sale. I can just KICK myself for not buying them, they were only priced for 20.00 a locker.

    Last night Robert and I got on the AG site. He saw things she had that he did not know what they were. Most of it is bits and pieces. She told him at one time she had loads of clothes that she bought off someone and they were gone. I have a feeling she had many retired outfits. Because she has a PM Addy and PM Kirsten that came from the same person.

    I am for sure going to buy Addy's trunk. I bet you anything it is PM. I am also going to buy the Addy is she OK. Robert said Kirsten was in really bad shape.

    He also said she had a mini dolls and he THINKS they have glass eyes.

    I just love my hubby, not many guys would go to a thrift store .

    I will report once I get back

  9. #9
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by JaneHart - Alicia:
    I can't answer any of the questions, but congratualtions on the find! I hope Addy is in good condition and I hope her trunk is too.

    What is TS?
    thanks
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Alicia, TS is thrift store.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by judiaci:
    I think Baxter predates Bitty Bear. I think Baxter the Bunny is what the original Bitty Baby (My New Baby) was sold with. Correct me if I am wrong.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Judi, I thought Baxter was the old AGT bunny that came with the 1996 birthday set? The Our New Babies had a bunny, but I don't think it had a name. It was sold separately, though, so I never got it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •